A FutureRadar-System registers and reports signals on emerging changes concerning your customers and their needs, market relationships, technologies and other important influencing factors at an early stage. FutureRadar-Systems are even a legal requirement in some countries – in Germany for instance, this has been the case since 1998 (KonTraG). Their primary focus is, however, the early recognition of threats, particularly those of a financial nature. You FutureRadar-System on the other hand is primarily intended to point out strategic future opportunities – someone who recognizes threats at an early stage has the greatest opportunity to use them to his advantage.
An FMG-FutureRadar-System is simple, pragmatic and effective. Explicit early recognition and early enlightenment systems have been worked on in management since 1967 (Aguilar, "Scanning") and particularly since 1975 (Ansoff, "Weak Signals"), primarily theoretically. However, a sobering picture appears in practice. We have identified no less than forty serious errors, which led to the failure of such systems. We have used this experience in developing the modular FMG-FutureRadar-System for you.
Together with the designated users and operators, we design your individual FutureRadar-System using, amongst others, the following key questions:
- What are the primary objectives of your FutureRadar-System?
- Forecast-Radar as the basis for planning
- Opportunity-Radar for future markets and strategic future opportunities
- Surprise-Radar for timely reaction to threats
- Which future questions does your system need to regularly answer and monitor?
- Which future factors are to be observed on an ongoing basis?
- Who are the internal and external sensors and how should the cooperation be designed?
- How will the signals, projections and opportunities from the FutureRadar be processed?
- How and where will the results be saved, found and used?
- How will other companies’ mistakes be avoided?
- How will the FutureRadar-System be implemented?
- How will it be ensured that the FutureRadar-System really works?