Where do you lead? How to make your mission and vision your most profitable investment! – PART 5
With three examples I will show you how vision creates energy & performance!
Overview: Vision creates energy & performance
12. less sluggishness – more motivation and performance (Energy & Performance)
Why are your employees resisting the change they need?
- You yourself are fascinated by your vision for your company, but your employees are less so?
- The power of countless habits is against your vision? There is far more of a need than a want?
- Just about every change in your business model and processes costs enormous power?
- The deeper meaning and social benefit of your business is hardly seen, understood and emulated by anyone?
What fascinates you and your employees about your company?
- Without an attractive image of the future, people always retreat to the familiar when faced with challenges, even if it is no longer sustainable. Employees then don’t concern themselves with the future, but with the many small annoyances in everyday life.
- Determine in your mission, from which drive and with which meaningful concern you run your business. What contribution do you make to improving the lives of many people?
- Develop a positioning that makes your company unique and significant in the market.
- Set an ambitious and challenging claim in your vision for your future significance in the market and in the world.
Your employees are committed to a better future with joy!
- You offer a deeper meaning that your team members can use to satisfy the longing for meaning that they feel intensely today.
- You offer your employees a credible image of an attractive future. They then have a reason to change and develop.
- People who look forward to something are more motivated, more focused and even healthier. Employees who embrace your vision of the future have something to look forward to and are motivated to work on at full speed.
- You activate and utilize the performance of your employees. And you exploit the potential of your material and financial resources.
13. less fear and doubt – more confidence (Energy & Performance)
Why are you and your employees so worried about your future?
- You know that fear is a bad advisor and yet you feel a lot of it in your organization?
- Are your employees concerned about numerous phenomena in the environment, such as disruptive competitors, artificial intelligence and robotics, or political conflicts?
- Are you hearing doubts about the future viability of your business due to lack of differentiation, lack of contingency strategies, too traditional business model and unconvincing future opportunities?
Which fears and doubts about the future have you systematically discussed and credibly dispelled?
- While it is clear that most fears will not become reality, it is dangerous to ignore the threats.
- Also, from a psychological perspective, it is imperative that you and your employees voice the concerns and confront the threats: What exactly is the threat? Where and how would we be affected? What can we do today preventively and then in acute cases to protect ourselves or even achieve benefits?
- Integrate the threats and corresponding contingency strategies into your future strategy.
Your team is tackling the tasks of the future with confidence and energy!
- Your mission, positioning and vision may be intriguing, but it will not be truly credible until you have also outlined how you can and will respond to threats and potential surprises.
- Your employees are confident and realistically optimistic. They work with more joy and are more efficient.
- You yourself will become more confident when you present your well thought-out future strategy to employees, customers and investors and have an answer to every doubting question.
14. less staff shortage – higherattractiveness to employees (Energy & Performance)
Why aren’t more young good employees eager to join you?
- Google, Adidas, Tesla and many start-ups are cool as employers, but too few applications end up with you?
- Of many of your applicants, do you think you would rather see them working for your competitor?
- Are your current employees giving you subpar employer reviews on platforms like Kununu and Glassdoor, despite all the perks and benefits?
- Your obviously too low employer attractiveness is or will become the limiting factor of your growth?
What higher purpose does your business have for your employees?
- How is your company good for people and the world? Today, young applicants are asking questions that, in the past, one might have imagined but never dared to ask.
- A professionally well-developed mission, positioning and vision answers these critically self-aware questions from young talent.
- Generations Y and Z pay particular attention to corporate culture. The more forward-looking it is, the higher both freedom and responsibility are, the more flexible they are allowed to work, the more attractive you will be as an employer.
You will be as attractive to young good talent as it is possible in the industry!
- You can provide compelling answers to your employees, your applicants, and the not-yet-applicants to questions about your company’s contribution to society, its unique features, and its bright future.
- You finally have compelling content for your employee marketing.
- They create the basis for a gradual change towards a forward-looking and sustainable company. Unfortunately, it does not work quickly.
I wish you a bright future!
Have a bright future!
About the other parts
PART 1: Where do you lead? How to make your mission and vision your most profitable investment! Introduction
PART 2: Where do you lead? This is how you make your mission and vision your most profitable investment. Opportunities & Security
PART 3: Where do you lead? This is how you make your mission and vision your most profitable investment. Clarity & Effectiveness
PART 4: Where do you lead? This is how you make your mission and vision your most profitable investment. Simplicity & Efficiency
PART 6: Where do you lead? This is how you make your mission and vision your most profitable investment. Earnings & enterprise value